You have some questions in relation to the Mud House Design Competition:
(1) “Should the three A1 JPG presentation boards have official A1 dimensions (59.4cm x 84.1cm) or the dimensions given in the conditions of participation (45cm x 90cm)? Use the official A1 dimensions (59.4cm x 84.1cm).
(2) “Is the 60 x 60 feet plot an isolated plot or should we consider boundaries with neighbour plots and acres to a street?” It will be much practical to consider boundaries with neighboring plots and to a street.
(3) “Do we have to leave a minimum distance or setback between the limit of the plot and the construction of the house?” It is up to you. You have the creative freedom. Do what is most fitting to your design.
(4) “May the dimensions of the house not be necessarily 30 x 40 feet but the an equivalent that has the same area (1200 square feet)?” An equivalent dimension such as 1200 square feet that is one and the same as 30 x 40 feet is acceptable.
(5) “Must the courtyard be included in the area 30 x 40 feet or may we use the spare area in the plot as courtyard? You may use the spare area in the 60' x 60' plot as courtyard.
(6) “Can the house have more than one story?” Yes, but keep in mind that the budget is only $6000 (USD). Design well but try not to exceed the budget.
-How secure is to leave any of your posessions outside the house in the Ashanti area? -Are thefts a common issue here? Can you sleep with the front door open? - How does privacy works at home? Are the family members used to share room or do they have separate rooms?
QUESTION 1: How secure is it to leave any of your possessions outside the house in the Ashanti area? NO, NOT SECURE. YOU MAY NOT LEAVE YOUR VALUABLE POSSESSIONS OUTSIDE. YOU ARE DESIGNING A HOUSE TYPE FOR BUILDING IN A TOWNSHIP, THEREFORE DESIGN FOR SECURITY.
QUESTION 2: "Are thefts a common issue here?" YES. IT IS PRETTY MUCH LIKE IN ANY TOWNSHIPS AROUND THE WORLD. Can you sleep with the front door open? NO.
QUESTION 3: How does privacy works at home? Are the family members used to share room or do they have separate rooms? YOU NEED TO DESIGN FOR SEPARATE ROOMS, SUCH THAT MOTHER AND FATHER CAN SHARE MAIN BEDROOM, BOYS CAN SHARE 1 BEDROOM, GIRLS CAN SHARE 1 BEDROOM, THERE MAY BE A GUEST/IN-LAW SUITE, ETC.
isidore: THERES NO WAY TO POST. HELP Please, try post your entry now. It is working.
Oct 16, 2017 6:36:56 GMT -6
honourarc: please can someone confirm the receipt of our submissions just so we know its been received. Yes and it is posted above.
Oct 16, 2017 3:10:27 GMT -6
marcoandreola: (Answer is posted above) Dear NKA, can you please provide us with more information about the required facilities for the toilet and bathroom? what do you mean with the two typologies? thank you for your reply, kind regards. "pour water from bucket to flush
Sept 28, 2017 10:49:03 GMT -6