SUBMITTED DESIGN ENTRIES May 29, 2016 10:08:09 GMT -6
Post by chiaramarina on May 29, 2016 10:08:09 GMT -6
Laboratories: Enjoy to Learn
Design team: Arc. Marina Massotti and Arc. Chiara Pattaro (Italy)
The project idea is to create a unique complex of laboratories; each laboratory (10x8mt) has an outdoor corridor and its own garden for outdoor lessons.
The structure of a laboratory is based on the principles of: sustainability, use of local and natural materials, self-construction, recycling, use of natural resources for lighting and ventilation; each structure will be realized as follows:
• Independent coverage bamboo, supporting a simple roof cladding of corrugated zinc sheets: it is higher and wider than the laboratory-block to create an open space with good ventilation and it should provide wide shadow; and it has a rainwater collect system.
• Concrete foundations and stones: concrete foundation topped with earth, and the floor plastered with a mixture of earth, water and cement.
• 2 Lateral adobe walls with internal structure in bamboo canes.
(We choose these materials for its solidity, thermal properties and tradition. They must be protected from damp and rainfall, for this reason they have an edging of concrete and stone).
• The frontal wall is divided into two parts: fixed panels and openable panels of the main entrance.
• The wall facing the outside courtyard has sliding folding partitions, to create an open space with the verandah and the garden, and it has a wall covered with plaster-board.
-Sliding folding partitions are made of bamboo and wood: bamboo woven fibers are attached to the timber framed panels, running along grooved tracks on the floor.
-Verandah is protected by bamboo panels with climbing plants for cooling, with seats made of bamboo.
• Outdoor garden seats and tables made of recycled bottles filled with soil.
Foundation-Floor = 950$
Walling = 1.150$
Roofing = 1900$
Panels (wall and verandah) = 950$
Miscellaneous = 200$